3/13/08

My Spam is Making Me Feel Old

All of a sudden I am being inundated with spam. I always had some here and there, but I must have gotten on someones sucker list in recent weeks.

I got two this week that made me feel kind of... okay, very... old.

The first was from Robert Half Finance & Accounting (not spam, I guess since I gave them my email when I was job hunting) with the subject line: "Attract and retain Generation Y employees – White Paper" As if to say "Now that you Gen X'ers are old and out of touch, how 'bout you find yourself a nice, young Gen Y'er to take your place!" The only redeeming part of the email is that it has a picture of an attractive 20-something male in a nice suit. I wouldn't mind attracting and retaining him!

The other email which is a real kick in the ass lets me know that "You may qualify for an electric wheelchair at little or no cost" Well, fan-fucking-tastic! Instead of a sexy post-teen sporting a come-hither look, this email features geriatric marketing god Ed McMahon. He goes on to tell us "Take my advice, life is better with a Pride Power Wheelchair from Orbit Medical."

I have to go to bed now, because I have to get up at 4am and have a bran muffin and some Metamucil. Then, I'm going to work in my garden for a while before I tell the kids next door to stay off my damn property.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I'll have to keep my eye open for some power wheelchair spam - all I get are offers to make my penis bigger.

j said...

You know, it's true. I have just as many problems with authority at 31 that I did at 16. I really thought that was something that I would outgrow, but as I get older I am only more aware of the stupidity of those above me.

I actually really like my current boss because she just emails me "do this" and that's it. The rest is up to me.

Those Gen-Y's are such a bunch of kiss asses.