10/2/07

An Important Notice About Cubicles

A cubicle is, by nature, not an office. The walls don't reach to the ceiling and there is no door. This means that there is no privacy in a cube.

This may not come as a surprise to most, but I'm willing to bet that it would to the girl that is interested in trying Yaz, because she tracked her moods on the website and she thinks that it might be beneficial for her. She's been on Ortho Tri-Cyclene for the last few years, but...

At this point I started up a conversation with the girl that sits next to me, because I kind of felt bad that I was eavesdropping, even though I really wasn't, I was just being not deaf.

Conversations with the following should be held on one's cell phone in one's car with the doors closed:
OB/GYN
Proctologist
Urologist
Affair partner
Potential new employer

This is by no means a complete list, but I think you get the point.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

"...and then this worm came out of my ass..."

ew.

Anonymous said...

After 20 years in the workforce, I think *any* personal conversation shouldn't be held aloud in a cubicle. Pet names for SO/spouses, any conversation with any doctor, financial discussions, or any conversation that you wouldn't mind your co-worker overhearing (since he/she IS only 5 feet away) should be held in an empty hallway, the parking lot, or your car.

Vicky & I switch to Tagalog (Filipino) so that we can talk without being understood. She's fluent (she was born in Manila, her family still speaks Tagalog with English only in the company of others). I can understand it (somewhat) and speak it poorly. If you want privacy (not overheard, but maybe still snooped by your IT folks), keep it to IM or SMS.