7/29/07

Sad News

Our bedroom TV has gone to the entertainment center in the sky.

I was enjoying some sort of non-educational, zero-redeeming-value E! or MTV programming when all of a sudden *poof* and a smell that would curl your nose hairs. Let me tell you- electronic equipment decomp is nasty.

We're pricing out some LCD flat panels, but we don't have HD in our bedroom (or in the rest of the house for that matter), so that is completely irrelevant.

Tonight should be fun. The husband can't sleep without the TV on, so he'll be a pleasure and a half at bedtime. I'm pretty sure that I will be forced to hit Wal Mart and just freaking buy the TV that we were looking at this afternoon. I hate to just buy something that expensive, but I also hate when the man is a giant whining pain in my ass.

So, as you watch your TV tonight, take a moment to appreciate it because tomorrow... well, who knows what tomorrow will bring.

RIP TV January 30, 1999 - July 29, 2007

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

8 years isn't all that long for a television... what type TV was it, who made it?

I have a 35-inch Toshiba (CRT) that I bought in 1994 and has been through 5 moves. It's as heavy as heck and I keep waiting for that next move which will be it's last. It's still doing really well, picture looks great, and lasted longer than my 27-inch Goldstar I had to replace after 1-1/2 years.

I'm guessing LCD is the way to go next.

j said...

It was a 27 inch Phillips Magnavox CRT, but in it's defense the thing was on all the time. It started off as our living room TV in our apartment and was pretty much on from the time we got home until bed. Even if no one was watching, it was probably on! Once it was promoted to bedroom TV it was still on an awful lot. In the morning while we get ready, in the afternoon if I'm doing a workout tape, and at night (then there are those nights my husband forgets the sleep timer...)

My husband is a sports nut, so there's always a game on, even if it's just being listened to!

Maggie said...

Awww...you got it the day before my birthday! Poor TV. I hope the new one is fabulous.