7/3/07

Holiday!!

I love any holiday that doesn't require me to go to work (which at my company consists of: New Year's, Memorial, 7/4, Labor, Thanksgiving, Xmas Eve and Xmas so long as they don't fall on a weekend and if they do, then I'm shit out of luck)!!

The manager that refuses to delegate any work to the rest of the team was bitching all day about having to work tomorrow. Needless to say I had little to no sympathy. He's made the choice to hoard the work, so this is what he gets. I actually think he gets off on showing what a martyr he is.

I was thinking today, though, that he and his boss are both swamped, while the rest of us on his team are putting in our required time and leaving. Can't his boss see that if we're leaving early, then we aren't getting any work, and if he would give us some of his work, he could take some of hers? I mean, am I just making outrageous statements here?

I got an email today in response to one of my online resumes for a position in Wichita. It says that a "virtual office" is possible, but I'm pretty sure I'd just be selling vibrators and cock rings over the phone or something. I'm not really interested in phone sales.

It's days like this that I wish I wanted a baby. Then I could just squat one out and be a stay at home mom. I really have no qualms about exiting the workforce for a while, but I think it would be difficult to get a job again when/if I wanted/needed to go back. I mean, I can't find crap now and I'm out there!

PS- I'm still pissed about that shitty excuse for a thank you note.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I hear Wichita is happenin' (ok not really). Speaking of vibrators...the Adam & Eve's HQ is in Hillsborough, NC. Less than an hour away from my house. How quaint!

j said...

Oh, boy... I can't wait for the shower!!!!!!