8/9/07

It Seems Like Only Yesterday...

... that I resigned, but three weeks have come and gone and tomorrow is my last day!!

Since one of the women that I work with is on vacation tomorrow, we had my goodbye party today. I wanted to get subs from this local place, so we ordered from there, and everyone pitched in and paid for mine! Then we had cake, plus there was Dunkin' coffee and donuts (my favs!) in the morning.

I really do love the people that I work with and I'm going to miss them so much. We had a lot of fun, but they are all looking to leave too, and I wouldn't want to be last man standing. I had my exit interview today and I basically told them that the only reason that I am leaving is because I have nothing to do. I think it's pretty sad that this is the case, but this is apparently what my boss wants.

Of course, there was no "official" announcement, and being the ethically-driven asshole that I am, I haven't said goodbye to anyone outside my department. I feel bad about it, but in the end, they just look like jerks for not making an announcement. Since most of the people in our company know that our department is a disaster, I'm sure people will understand.

In any case, I have to decide what I am going to wear for my last day. Oh! I get to start over with a whole new clothing cycle. It will be nice to not have to stress about when the last time I paired certain tops with pants for a few weeks. Yay for people that have never been exposed to my wardrobe!

I'm so grateful that it's finally over. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

And let's hope for some open toed shoes at the new job!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on surviving the last three weeks. :)

When I left my last job after ten years (same office as Meb), those last two weeks felt like an enormous weight was taken off my shoulder. I was planning on working a short last day, and they still had me for nearly nine hours deploying websites and saving servers.

Hope your last day is a good one. :)