9/29/07

I Like Karma

It's always fun to see Karma in action. This past week I received my high school alumni magazine. As I was flipping through there was a group photo of some people from around the year that I graduated (a long, long, long time ago; our mascot was a real, live dinosaur!) So, I was looking at the caption and matching it up to the people in the photo and most looked as I remembered them, except for one. I won't use his real name, so I'll make one up. We'll call him Fanny Sotlow.

In high school he was a total asshole. He treated his girlfriends like shit, he was nasty, arrogant and pretty dumb. But, he was good looking and I think, blame it on raging hormones, a lot of people gave him a pass. Well, old Fanny here was in said photograph and he is now fat and amazingly unattractive. I really had to study this photograph to see any resemblance to the kid that I knew and loathed in school.

Perhaps now that he's ugly, he has developed a personality (kind of like how blind people have a better sense of hearing), but I doubt it. I just love karma!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Oh my God. I haven't gotten my mag yet!!! And I can't wait to see Mr. Fanny Sotlow. I enjoy your coded name for him. ;) Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I never attended my ten-year reunion or signed up for the mag. Hammond High School (Columbia, MD) had the Bears as a team and mascot, although my fellow geeks and I kept referring to them as the Eggs ("Hammond Eggs", for better effect, say it aloud)

..anyhoo, yeah, I suspect high school is alot like acne for many people.