6/20/07

Another Reason on the List

We went to a party a few weeks ago, and the people throwing the party have two kids- 6 and 2.5 years old.

During the course of this party, the 6 year old shit her pants six times.

I swear to you that I am not making this up. She was just walking around shitting her pants. Six times! Upon inquiring, we were told that the kid was not sick, but for some reason decided that she was just going to shit her pants.

How my husband and I didn't collapse into a puddle of laughter, I do not know. Since then, we have cracked up about it repeatedly.

We now have reason 492,750,370 on the list of why we don't want kids. Apparently, they shit their pants well after the Pampers years.

For the record, we now refer to this kid as "Ol' Pants Shitter".

2 comments:

Maggie said...

HAHAHAHAHA! I can tell you that I am pretty sure that if, as a child, I had shit my pants for no reason, Helen would have broken my ass!!! I have traumatic memories of her getting me into my snowsuit and then me telling her I had to pee. Oh you wouldn't believe the drama in the house that day...

Anonymous said...

It was probably a plea for attention, although a disgusting one at that. If I were attending the party, I wouldn't be sure which urge was strong: the urge to laugh or the urge to gag. I'd certainly be asking the parents "uhm, is this normal behavior for your daughter? And you don't mind?"

If the kid's dropping loads in her pants at age 6, I hate to see what the future holds. There's probably something else going on there.