6/27/07

Parents of the Year Nominees, Line Up Here!

There's a show on TLC called "Honey We're Killing the Kids". It's basically about crappy parents that feed their kids fast food, and then plunk them down in front of the TV. The episode that I'm watching now features a six year old that weighs twice what he should and an eleven year old that weighs as much as a sixteen year old should. There's also a daughter that's well on her way to hotness.

These parents always seem shocked to learn that a steady diet of McDonald's and pizza is actually not a good thing. I mean, when your kid can barely squeeze through a doorway, you have to know on some level that you're fucking things up.

Not to sound like I'm sitting in the rocking chair of the nursing home porch, but when I was a kid going to McDonald's was a treat. If I got to eat there once a month, I was lucky. Of course, I also rode my bike for at least 2-3 hours a day on a school day and probably 8 hours on a weekend.

I guess I just find it interesting that people who don't know that a six year old eating four slices of pizza is a bad thing feel that their DNA is something worth replicating.

No comments: