11/11/07

Momma's Still Got It

We went to see Chris Cornell in concert at a little dive bar last night and the parts that I could see were fantastic. Being 5'0" general admission concerts are my arch nemesis. You can't go up front because you could get killed in a mosh pit or just squashed up against the stage. No matter where you stand, the Guiness record holder for both height and hair largeness standing in front of you.

So, for the few minutes that I was able to see around the large girl with the large perm in front of me, I was able to catch live glimpses of the most beautiful man ever to grace the planet:


He looked amazing, although to my dismay he didn't take his shirt off. The whole band went shirtless for the encore except him. He did wear a tank top and I was able to get an eyeful of his tattooed biceps. Yum.

So, since M is well over six feet tall and wanted to get as close as possible, he went for it and I stayed back with all of the other shrimps and wimps. At first I was bummed because I was at a concert alone. Then I decided that I would perform a fun experiment. Rather than staring at my shoes, I put my head up and a smile on my face. Turns out that if j were to ever become single, she shouldn't have too much trouble finding a gentleman companion. Me go girl!

I didn't go so far as to try to get someone to buy me a drink, even though I was dying of thirst (M had the credit card and I left everything but my ID at home.) I'm totally sure that I could have gotten one, but I told the guy that I was married. Good thing I did, too, because M came back before the end of the encore and then I would have felt like a total jerk.

After spending a third of my life with the same person, it's nice to know that I don't look like an old maid yet!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I am so offended!! I can't believe you called Northern Lights a "dive bar"!!!! ;)

Oh how we yearned to go there when we were way too young to get in! I'm pretty sure Night Ranger played there at one point in the distant past.

j said...

You're thinking of Saratoga Winners, which closed and then someone bought, but is still closed.

NL is intentionally a dive bar- it's not really, but it was set up to give the ambiance of one!