11/4/07

This Week In Entertainment News

  • Christina Aguilera confirms she's knocked up. Who gives a shit.
  • Dog the Bounty Hunter is a racist. Wait, a guy with a mullet hates black people? Nuh-uh!
  • Heather Mills claims she almost committed suicide. Wah, people hate me because I swindled the world's most beloved icon.
  • The Writer's Guild of America voted to go on strike. So the fuck what? Can't a monkey in a diaper write most of the shit on TV today?

In case people weren't aware, there's a war going on. Thousands of our people are being killed in Iraq and Afghanistan (among other places) every day. There's a massive genocide going on in Darfur. Pakistan is operating under martial law.

I understand that the state of Britney's vagina is very important, not only to the economic stability, but also the future of American relations with other international superpowers. But, is anyone else depressed as crap by the fact that it seems to be more important than the fact that there are more than 11 million children in sub-Saharan Africa that are orphaned as a result of AIDS?

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Yes. However, I am sad that the writers strike is going to force me to watch more reality TV. I need all the brain cells I've got and I feel like I am being robbed of them every time I watch the damn Tia Tequila or Rock of Love shows.

Anonymous said...

And here I was thinking the writer's strike is going to be a bad thing...
but Mebbie brings up a good point:
* More Tia Tequila
* More "Rock of Love"
* More "Age of Love"
* More reality TV where my brain turns to syrup and oozes out of my nose.

YES, what's not to love?! While thousands die in Iraq and Afghanistan every day, warlords commit genocide in Darfur, and the US saber-rattles at Iran, I can feel good that the US is making efforts to reduce the cost from oil from $96/barrel and Christina looks fab while preggers.

Mo' Tia Tequila please!

j said...

Sadly, my brain went into standby on Saturday and I actually watched two episodes of I Love New York 2. I was hooked as soon as Mac Midget almost drowned in the lake.

I'm trying to quit...