11/7/07

Shoe Whore

I love shoes. Imelda Marcos is my hero.

Today, I wore a pair of boots to work that I didn't particularly like. I mean, I like the shoes, I just didn't like them with the particular outfit. The shoes were light brown and I really needed a dark brown pair with the outfit. So, I did what any college educated girl would do; I drove to the mall on my lunch break and bought a new pair of shoes.

My husband is having a hard time comprehending why 1- I wore a pair of shoes that I didn't like and 2- that the solution was to purchase a new pair of shoes. I tried to explain that I didn't own a pair of dark brown boots, therefore it was necessary for me to purchase them. Men just don't get it.

The whole time I was in the shoe store, this song was running through my head.

No comments: